Why the Website Footer Matters
Website footers are not mere placeholders. When crafted effectively, they become pivotal zones that cater to visitors looking for additional details, guiding them further into the site’s ecosystem. It’s like the index of a book – you go there when you need to know something specific.
Deep Dive into Designing an Engaging Footer
- Functionality: The footer acts as a secondary navigation system. While it doesn’t need to mimic the primary navigation, highlighting important sections can guide the user journey.
- Fat Footer vs. Slim Footer: A ‘fat footer’ with a detailed sitemap can boost conversions, while a minimalist ‘slim footer’ can be easy on the eyes. The choice depends on your website’s complexity.
Strategic Crafting of the Website Footer
- Goal Definition: What do you want the footer to achieve? Directing traffic, aiding navigation, or boosting conversions?
- Selective Integration: Every element in the footer should serve a distinct purpose. Avoid overcrowding.
- User-Centric Design: A/B test different footer designs to see which elements resonate most with your audience.